A sort of "Clowns" game, for one player vs. computer or two players. You both have a spring board which works the same way as Clowns. On the left hand side of the screen, Player 1's board is higher than Player 2's. On the right hand side, Player 2's board is higher.
A spaceman walks out from the side of the screen and jumps. If you do not have any men on your board when the jumper lands, the spaceman becomes a little rocket which launches up to the top of the screen. This rocket is aimable (you have three seconds to position the rocket before the launch) so you can use this to hit the top target for 500 points. The rocket changes back into a spaceman upon reaching the top of the screen.
If you have a man on one side of your board, play continues as per Clowns until the other player captures the moving spaceman (which goes to a Launch sequence) or both players miss the spaceman (which disappears off the bottom of the screen with a noise similar to "Q-Bert"'s Coily jumping off the edge of the pyramid).
- CPU-controlled character moves wrong at left side. hap (ID 03385)
- 0.134u3: Derrick Renaud started Springboard Missile sound in Space Walk.
- 0.134u2: Derrick Renaud started to add discrete sound to Space Walk.
- 0.133u3: gregf and hap added Space Walk extended time setting and DIP locations. Added dipswitches 'Extended Time At' and 'Springboard Alignment'.
- 13th August 2009: David Haywood - SiftWare dumped the extremely rare 'Space Walk' (an old Midway game) which runs on 8080 based hardware. I initially marked it as NOT WORKING because there are some odd issues with the gameplay. It's a 'clowns' style game, but the pad movement when crossing the middle of the screen seems buggy; this may however be because that area of the screen was covered by a physical model or artwork on the real cabinet. So little is known about the game it's difficult to judge. If anybody has a picture of one in action, where you can see the screen and complete artwork (including any models if present) it would be very useful!
- 0.133u2: hap added game time and coinage dipswitches to Space Walk, along with service mode and test. Also added support for the 2nd controller and coin counter. Removed GAME_NOT_WORKING as it is working fine. Added color overlay based on a photo. Removed Samples (miss.wav) and Discrete sound. Added dipswitches 'Game Time', 'Coinage', 'Input Test' and 'Service Mode'.
- 0.133u1: Siftware and David Haywood added Space Walk (Midway 1978).