Screenshots de Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World)
Les clones de Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World)
Si vous avez aimé Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World)
Vous aimerez peut-être :
Scoring de Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World)
Points are scored for destroying bricks and killings aliens.
Tips sur Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World)
* Pill descriptions :
S (Orange) - Slow : Temporarily slows down the speed of the energy ball. The energy ball will speed up upon hitting the ceiling of the chamber, making this pill unhelpful in some levels. On the other hand, the energy ball speeds up much more quickly and rapidly in this game, making it helpful to extend a normal playing speed.
L (Red) - Laser : Enables the Vaus to fire laser beams that destroy most bricks.
C (Light Green) - Catch : Enables the Vaus to catch the energy ball, move to another position, and relaunch it by pressing the fire button. If you hesitate too long, the Vaus will release the ball on its own.
B (Pink) - Break : Opens the Warp Gates, allowing you to bypass the level even when it is unfinished.
E (Medium Blue) - Expansion : Expands the Vaus to double its size.
P (Dark Grey) - Player : Gives you an additional Vaus.
D (Light Blue) - Disruption : Splits the energy ball into eight particles (unlike in the original game, where this pill split the energy ball into 3 particles).
* Revenge of DOH also features these additional pills :
M (Purple) - Mega : Turns a normal energy ball into a red "mega energy ball", which can destroy even indestructible bricks and will only bounce back after hitting the sides or ceiling of the chamber.
R (Black) - Reduce : Shrinks the Vaus to half its width, but every block you destroy doubles in point value. Unless you're really a good player, this makes it very difficult to play.
T (Dark Blue) - Twin : Gives you two Vauses instead of one. Not a particularly helpful one, as it limits your maneuverability and the energy ball tends to fall between the Vauses.
I (Dark Green) - Illusion : Creates a transparent grey shadow at the bottom of the screen that follows the Vaus around. It will deflect energy balls (though with no control of the rebound direction), greatly expanding the functional area of the Vaus.
N (Light Grey) - New : Continually splits the energy ball into three particles until the Vaus catches another pill. This is very helpful on some levels.
Flashing pill : This special pill will reward you randomly with one of the following four powers : 1. 40 energy balls; 2. 25 mega energy balls; 3. 8 regenerating energy balls; 4. Continuous laser fire. On most levels, the first three powers are enough to clear the entire board. The fourth, however, can make it extremely difficult to see what's going on and won't help on levels with lots of indestructible blocks. Finally, instead of yielding one of the aforementioned powers, a flashing capsule will occasionally result in a regenerating swarm of 15 floating enemies passing through the portals in the ceiling and flooding the screen. While these enemies are worth 100 points apiece if destroyed by the energy ball, having to battle so many at once is usually more of survival challenge than a scoring opportunity.
Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World) et M.A.M.E.
0.34b4 [Luca Elia, Mirko Buffoni]
- 0.145u4: ANY and R. Belmont added clone Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (Japan bootleg).
- 0.143u8: Kanikani added DIP locations to Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH.
- 0.133u1: Renamed (arknid2u) to (arknoid2u) and (arknid2j) to (arknoid2j).
- 0.129: Aaron Giles significantly optimized the inner execution loop. 'Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH' is ~2.5x faster with maximum interleave now.
- 0.128u7: Aaron Giles added new MDRV_QUANTUM_PERFECT_CPU(x) to specify that the minimum quantum should be enough to ensure that the specified CPU tag only ever executes a single instruction at a time. This can be used to explicitly require "perfect" synchronization for drivers that have multiple CPUs with shared memory. Turned this on for the arknoid2 driver for now as a test (the interleave on that driver was already very close to perfect anyway).
- 0.128u1: Changed 'Unknown' to 'Unused' dipswitch.
- 0.122u2: Changed Z80 CPU1 clock speed to 6MHz.
- 0.91u2: Nicola Salmoria removed kludges which were required to run Arkanoid 2 (they were just mirror addresses).
- 0.56: Renamed (arkanoi2) to (arknoid2), (ark2us) to (arknid2u) and (ark2jp) to (arknid2j). Fixed rom names.
- 0.36b8: Quench added clone Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (Japan).
- 20th October 1999: Quench added another Arkanoid 2 romset to the TNZS driver.
- 0.35: Changed description to 'Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World)'.
- 0.35RC1: Changed the analog port handling to avoid problems with keyboard control (e.g. Arkanoid 2) [Nicola Salmoria].
- 0.35b13: Changed description to 'Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World?)'. Added gfx1 roms ($0, 40000, 60000) from clone (US) to (World?). Changed Z80 CPU1 clock speed to 8MHz.
- 0.35b11: Changed description of clone '(Romstar)' to 'Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (US)'.
- 17th April 1999: Nicola merged TNZS and Arkanoid 2 drivers.
- 0.35b1: Changed description to 'Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH' and clone to 'Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (Romstar)'. The driver input ports are now 16 bit. This allows for higher resolution analog inputs (Arkanoid 2) [Brad Oliver]. Added 3rd coin slot.
- 0.34b5: Added Arkanoid 2 - Revenge of DOH (Romstar). Changed parent description to 'Arkanoid 2 - Revenge of DOH'.
- 0.34b4: Luca Elia, Mirko Buffoni added Arkanoid 2 - Revenge of DOH! (Taito 1987). TODO: Colors are completely wrong, probably we just need a missing color prom. Test mode 2 (press start2 when test dsw L) doesn't work\display well. What do writes at f400 and f381 do? Why the game zeros the fd00 area? Does it need bankswitching?
- 18th April 1998: Dumped Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (US).
- 27th March 1998: CaBBe dumped Arkanoid - Revenge of DOH (World).
- A long peroid of time passed..... and the dimension-controlling force "DOH" has again come back to life. Occupying the huge spaceship "XORG", it has entered our universe from a different dimension. "MIXTEC", Arkanoid type spaceship, has launched the craft "VAUS 2" to make a preemptive attack on "XORG".......
* FB Alpha
Romset: 641 kb / 8 files / 154.6 zip