Gunblade NY is an eye-popping, chase-oriented, futuristic-style military gun shooting game that pits you as a sniper of sorts against a horde of crazy Android Terrorists who are causing nothing but trouble in a futuristic large city in the United States of America.
Gunblade NY was pretty popular at the arcades mainly because you can shoot down the enemy missiles and as you destroy the crazy androids, you are 'locked' through the android so that you can destroy them one at a time.
* Special Attacks : During the 3rd and 4th stages of the difficult course, shoot the androids feet to knock them in the water, they will blow up on contact. After you defeat the boss character in the third stage of the difficult course, he will run away. While he's retreating, shoot the oil drums and explosive boxes around him; if you do this the boss at he end of the fourth level will be partially destroyed when he appears.
* Multiple Endings : If you don't destroy the missile carrier truck at the end of the second stage in the difficult course, your superior officer will hit you. If you finish either course without continuing, a group of butterflies will fly by. If you pull on the machine gun levers during the ending scene on the easy course, a giant dragonfly will fly by. If you do this during the difficult course ending scene, a submarine or large shark will follow the ship.
Gunblade NY (Revision A) et M.A.M.E.
0.87u1 [R. Belmont]
- 0.127u1: Changed description to 'Gunblade NY (Revision A)'.
- 0.106u9: Removed 2nd ADSP21062 CPU. Changed region cpu3 to user5.
- 0.87u1: R. Belmont added Gunblade NY (Sega 1995).