You're a frog on a lily pad and there's flies and insects flying around you. Jump and stick out your tongue to catch these critters. A dragonfly comes out towards the end of your game, if you catch the Dragonfly you get a free game.
- 0.147u2: hap changed Frogs settings from DIPSETTING to CONFSETTING.
- 0.129u5: Phil Bennett fixed debug assertion in Frogs.
- 0.128u3: Aaron Giles fixed Frogs, which exit with an error after taking a screenshot.
- 0.113u3: Added user1 proms ($0, 20 - timing). Fixed rom names.
- 12th November 2006: Mr. Do - Frogs artwork is now MUCH more acceptable, thanks to the beautiful photos from Yaggy, and extra clean-up by Ad_Enuff.
- 4th August 2006: Mr. Do - Converted Frogs artwork from MAME.net.
- 0.89u2: Update to Frogs to allow discrete sound to be used for tongue with samples for non-simulated sounds [Derrick Renaud]. Re-added Discrete sound.
- 0.89u1: Derrick Renaud modified samples handling so the fly movement can be simulated. Also the long croak for a free game is simulated. Modified Frogs driver to only use samples when actually needed. Added new 'buzzz' and 'croak' sample.
- 0.89: Derrick Renaud removed discrete tongue sound and added Twisty's samples. The buzz sound of flys is constant because it can't be emulated properly until full discrete support is added. Added Samples sound (hop, boing, zip, croak, buzzz and splash.wav).
- 0.88u2: Derrick Renaud added discrete "tongue" sound effect to Frogs. Added to DISCRETE_555_ASTABLE an option to use quick charge diode and modified DISCRETE_555_CC to discharge cap due to natural losses if there is no charging current. This makes it more accurate then the current perfect cap that will retain a charge forever (this will all be needed for Frogs).
- 0.74u1: Robin Merrill fixed Frogs to use a proper 3-way joystick instead of the previous incorrect setup that had a 2-way joystick with an extra button.
- 0.37b7: Removed Samples sound.
- 0.36b7: Added 'Demo Sounds' dipswitch.
- 0.34b2: Nicola Salmoria added Frogs (Gremlin 1978).