Ribbit! is a one or co-operative two-player abstract arcade game and is an unofficial sequel to Konami's seminal 1981 release, "Frogger".
Unlike its legendary prequel (in which players had to guide a frog to his home at top of each screen without being killed) the aim here is to guide a toad around a screen, eating benign insects - such as Ants and Dragon-flies
* Extra lives feature : In the first game, ensure that you get a high-score (the music will change on the time bonus screen if you achieve this); then lose all of your lives and chose the 'continue' option. On the next game You will now show as having 0 toads; get killed and again press continue. You now have have 99 toads, which comes in very handy on the later and extremely difficult 'conveyor belt' levels.
Ribbit! et M.A.M.E.
0.65 [David Haywood, Aaron Giles]
- Game freezes on later levels. Smitdogg (ID 02343)
- 0.100u2: Aaron Giles cleaned up Ribbit protection implementation.
- 0.65: David Haywood added Ribbit! (Sega 1991).
- 4th February 2003: Aaron Giles fixed the protection in Ribbit! so it works fully now.
- 27th January 2003: David Haywood added Ribbit! to the Sega System C driver but it has some unemulated protection so it doesn't work.
LEVELS: 49 (endless - after 49th level, the game restarts from level 46)