The player must guide a ball through a number of mazes, rotating the maze through 180 degrees to get the ball to move in the desired direction - much like the bonus levels in the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive console title, "Sonic the Hedgehog". Each maze must be completed within a tight time limit and a number of traps and obstacles litter the mazes to slow players down.
There are, however, a number of positive targets to be hit, and bonuses
* Obtain a very high time and you can gain 1000 points, featuring Tiki (the Kiwi Bird of "The New Zealand Story" game) or another character of Taito.
* Obtain a low time and you can play with a slot machine.
* Round Select : Hold Service Switch at boot.
Input : Start(x3), Service Switch, Start on Service Switch Error message screen. This code (Taito Command) is used in many Taito games, G-Darius, Rastan Saga II, Gunlock/Ray Force etc.
* Ball Selection : If you hold down the START button while selecting a course (except the training course) you can change the appearance of the ball.
* Secret Bonus : If the 3 digits on the timer is the same at goal (eg 11.1, 22.2, 33.3, etc), secret bonus is added.
* Staff Credits : When seeing the ending, hold the JUMP button. NOTE : It's disabled when you select Training course.
- Clone cameltrj: [possible] Possible glitch on the stage choice screen. Smitdogg (ID 02411)
- 0.136u1: Renamed (cameltryua) to (cameltryau).
- 0.130u4: Renamed (cameltrj) to (cameltryj), (camltrua) to (cameltryua) and (camltrya) to (cameltrya).
- 0.122u2: Changed Z80 CPU1 clock speed to 6MHz and OKI6295 to 1056000 MHz in clones Cameltry (World, YM2203 + M6295) and (US, YM2203 + M6295).
- 0.114u2: David Haywood added clone Cameltry (World, YM2203 + M6295). Changed parent description to 'Cameltry (US, YM2610)' and clones '(US, alt sound)' to '(US, YM2203 + M6295)' and '(Japan)' to '(Japan, YM2610)'. Added missing gfx3 rom to version (US) and (Japan).
- 15th April 2007: Corrado Tomaselli dumped Cameltry (World, YM2203 + M6295).
- 0.67: Changed parent and clone descriptions to 'Cameltry'.
- 0.53: Added clone Cameltry (US, alt sound). Changed clone 'Camel Try (US)' to parent. Renamed (cameltry) to (cameltrj) and (cameltru) to (cameltry).
- 0.37b5: David Graves and Nicola Salmoria added Camel Try (Japan) (Taito 1989) and clone (US).
- 0.37b4: Added Camel Try (Testdriver) and clone (US).