The actual game has you piloting a little space tank. The tank and its turret are controlled independently, which allows you to move in one direction while shooting in another. Your mission is to guard various space outposts from hordes of incoming enemy ships. Each level will have several outposts all clustered together in the center. If an enemy ship touches an outpost, then the outpost is destroyed. You can activate a long range scanner by using your second button. This allows you to locate enemies before they get close, that way you can fly off and get them before they even have a shot at the outposts.
* Programmer's name : spinning the spinner at a high rate during parts of the attract-mode will result in the programmer's name (Tim Stryker) appearing in approximately 3-inch-high letters across the center of the screen.
Aztarac et M.A.M.E.
0.36b2 [Mathis Rosenhauer]
- 0.55: Changed palettesize from 256 to 32768 colors.
- 0.53: Mathis Rosenhauer fixed radar display in Aztarac.
- 3rd August 2001: Mathis Rosenhauer fixed the Aztarac radar graphics problems.
- 27th September 2000: Mathis Rosenhauer fixed Aztarac protection patching.
- 0.36b2: Mathis Rosenhauer added Aztarac (Centuri 1983). Thanks to David Fish for additional hardware information.
- 30th July 1999: Mathis Rosenhauer fixed Aztarac joystick.
- 26th July 1999: Mathis Rosenhauer sent in a driver for Aztarac.
- Year 4031 A.D.: A thousand years of interstellar peace has come to an end. Terran starbases around the Zodiac are under attack by alien robot drones from beyond the swan nebula. Your missionm as starship commander is: Defend the starbases!