Tips sur Armed Police Batrider (Europe) (Fri Feb 13 1998)
* Ship Selection : at the player select screen, your fighter's capability is determined by which button(s) you press to pick your craft...
1) To select a 'Normal power type' fighter, select your ship with A button (Strong shot, weak option).
2) To select a 'Bomber power type', select your ship with B button (Strong option, weak shot).
3) To select a 'Option power type', select your ship with C button (Strong option & shot, slower speed).
4) To select a 'Speed up type', select your ship with Start button (Weak option & shot, faster speed).
* Stage Edit : start from the game mode selection screen, highlight the game mode of your choice and press A+B simultaneously. This can also be enabled by setting a DIP switch.
* Guest Players : insert a coin and press Up(x2), Down(x2), Left, Right, Left, Right, FIRE, BOMB, START. Nine additional fighters from "Battle Garegga" and "Mahou Daisakusen" will be unlocked. This can also be enabled by setting a DIP switch.
* Player Select : with this mode enabled you can select one ship instead of a team. Insert a coin and press Up(x2), Down(x2), Left, Right, Left, Right, BOMB, FIRE, START. This can also be enabled with a DIP switch.
* Score Mode : to show up score calculations, start from anywhere in the game, hold the START button and press BOMB (To leave the score mode, re-enter the code).
* Special Course : at the title screen, press Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, START. This will enable a fourth 'Boss Attack' game mode. This can also be enabled with a DIP switch.
* Garegga Option Formation Codes : the Garegga ships are unique in that their options can be set to a variety of different formations. Typically, this is done by pushing button C, just as in "Battle Garegga". However, since Batrider is 'officially' a 2-button PCB, some cabinets may not have a third button. If you're stuck playing on one of these cabs, use these "Street Fighter" moves instead :
Front : up, down, A
Back : down, up, down, A
Wide : right, down, down-right, A
Control : left, down, down-left, A
Rolling : left, down-left, down, down-right, right, A
* Garegga Option Special Formations : just like in "Battle Garegga", you can get unique (and in most cases powerful) option formation upgrades by collecting items in special sequence :
Wide : miss 5 small shot items, then pick up an option item. Options shoot out to the sides in a very wide pattern.
Search : miss 5 option items, pick up an option item. Options automatically aim themselves at enemies.
Homing : miss 5 bomb icons, pick up an option item. Options fly right up to enemies and shoot them.
Shadow : miss 5 bonus medals, pick up an option item. Options follow your ship a la Gradius.
Rolling : miss 5 large shot items, pick up an option item. Options roll around your ship while still shooting forwards.
* Ingame Commands : press these button combinations during play to customize the game's bullet patterns. Note that the START+A and START+C combinations affect only your ship, and not the enemies :
Increase your ship's firing rate : START+A
Decrease your firing rate : START+C, or Start+Up (B ver. only)
Score Display : START+B (displays points given for destroying enemies)
Change color of round bullets : START+Left
Change color of straight bullet : START+Down
Change color of destructible bullets : START+Right
* Secret Extend Items : an extend item will drop after each 1.5 million points. In addition, there are two secret methods for triggering extends :
1) Kill the Highway Stage's blue hovercraft only after it's stopped.
2) Miss 3 max bomb items.
Missing three extend items and collecting the fourth will yield a 'special extend', refilling all your empty life slots.
* Galaxy Valhallyzer : this is Gain's 'dream machine' from the "Mahou Daisakusen" games. In Batrider, you can actually play as this ship for the first time, although it's not particularly useful. To get it, you must be playing as Gain. Miss an extend item with no options on your ship, and collect the next option you see. Your ship will now transform into the the 'Galaxy Valhallyzer'. It can be difficult to reach 1.5 million points without using options, so it's easiest to just suicide to drop your options right before you hit the extend.
Armed Police Batrider (Europe) (Fri Feb 13 1998) et M.A.M.E.
0.129u3 [Josh W.]
- 15th May 2011: Mr. Do - Looks like batrider got renamed (again). You can simply grab the LAY file and let ClrMAME work it out. Thank you Roman, for the heads up.
- 0.141u4: Alex Jackson fixed inconsistent rom naming between some of the Armed Police Batrider clones. Changed description of clones 'Armed Police Batrider - B Version (Japan) (Fri Feb 13 1998)' to 'Armed Police Batrider (Japan, B version) (Fri Feb 13 1998)', 'Armed Police Batrider - A Version (Japan) (Mon Dec 22 1997)' to 'Armed Police Batrider (Japan, older version) (Mon Dec 22 1997)', 'Armed Police Batrider - A Version (Taiwan) (Mon Dec 22 1997)' to 'Armed Police Batrider (Taiwan) (Mon Dec 22 1997)' and 'Armed Police Batrider (U.S.A.) (Fri Feb 13 1998)' to 'Armed Police Batrider (USA) (Fri Feb 13 1998)'. Renamed (batrid) to (batrider), (batridc) to (batriderc), (batridj) to (batriderj), (batridja) to (batriderja), (batridk) to (batriderk), (batridta) to (batridert) and (batridu) to (batrideru).
- 0.136u4: Anonymous added clone Armed Police Batrider - A Version (Taiwan) (Mon Dec 22 1997). Changed description of clone 'Armed Police Batrider (Japan) (Mon Dec 22 1997)' to 'Armed Police Batrider - A Version (Japan) (Mon Dec 22 1997)'.
- 0.135u1: Fabio Priuli fixed reversed 'Guest Player/Player Select/Special Course' dipswitch settings in Armed Police Batrider and clones.
- 0.132u4: Fabio Priuli fixed Armed Police Batrider 'Hit Score', 'Sound Effect' and 'Music' dipswitches are inverted vs MAME tab, if you select freeplay.
- 0.129u3: Josh W. added 'Armed Police Batrider (Europe) (Fri Feb 13 1998)' and clones '(U.S.A.) (Fri Feb 13 1998)' and '(China) (Fri Feb 13 1998)'. Renamed (batrider) to (batridj), (batridrk) to (batridk) and (batridra) to (batridja).
- 0.125u3: Added dipswitches 'Credits to Start' and 'Coin B'.
- 0.117u1: Alex Jackson fixed crash in Batrider. Changed description to 'Armed Police Batrider - B Version (Japan) (Fri Feb 13 1998)' and clones '(Japan, version A)' to '(Japan) (Mon Dec 22 1997)' and '(Korea, version B)' to '(Korea) (Fri Feb 13 1998)'.
- 8th October 2006: Mr. Do - Added Armed Police Batrider instruction cards from TheSheep.
- 0.105u4: Added dipswitches 'Joystick Mode', 'Hit Score', 'Sound Effect' and 'Music'.
- 0.99u8: Mamesick fixed dipswitches in Batrider. Added dipswitches 'Guest Player', 'Player Select' and 'Special Course'.
- 0.94u2: Aaron Giles fixed Batrider sound. Changed 2nd OKI6295 clock speed to 19393 Hz.
- 0.94u1: Attempted to fix Batrider crash [Aaron Giles].
- 0.71u1: David Haywood added missing rowselect effect to Armed Police Batrider.
- 0.68: Brian Troha added clone Armed Police Batrider (Korea, version B).
- 13th May 2003: Brian Troha added the international version of Dodonpachi and the Korean version of Armed Police Batrider.
- 0.61: Quench fixed screen stands still during attract mode in Batrider.
- 11th February 2001: Quench sent in a Toaplan2 update which fixed disappearing sprites in the Raizing games.
- 0.37b10: Changed clock speed of the 2x OKI6295 to 24242 Hz.
- 9th November 2000: Quench sent an updated Toaplan2 driver with text-layer scroll effect that fixes the ending scene in Armed Police Batrider.
- 0.37b9: Yochizo added 'Armed Police Batrider (Japan, version B)' (Raizing 1998) and clone (Japan, version A).
- 14th October 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics problems in Shippu Mahou Daisakusen and Armed Police Batrider, added sound to Armed Police Batrider and sped up the driver a little.
- 9th September 2000: Yochizo added Armed Police Batrider to the Toaplan2 driver, but sound is missing.
LEVELS: 3 - 5 - 7 - 18 (easy / normal / advanced / special mode)
* FB Alpha
Romset: 20736 kb / 11 files / 7.63 zip