A horizontal-scrolling fighting/adventure game where the player controls a swashbuckling sailor who fights pirates through the town, the castle and the castle dungeons to rescue his fellow sailors from a mad pirate captain.
- To enter test mode press any button durning memory test.
- 0.143u1: Brian Troha added DIP locations to Buccaneers.
- 0.142u1: Added 'M72 Custom' sound.
- 0.133u1: Renamed (buccanra) to (buccanrsa).
- 0.95: Corrado Tomaselli fixed Buccaneers sound frequency. Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed sprite bug. Changed Z80 CPU1 clock speed to 5688800 Hz, Z80 CPU2 to 3072000 Hz and the 2x YM2203 to 3072000 Hz.
- 0.94u5: Pierpaolo Prazzoli fixed transparency issue in Buccaneers. Added dipswitches 'Coin A/B', 'Flip Screen', 'Lives', 'Difficulty', 'Cabinet', 'Demo Sounds' and 'Allow Continue'.
- 0.94u4: Added Buccaneers (set 1). Changed 'Buccaneers' to clone 'Buccaneers (set 2)'. Renamed (buccanrs) to (buccanra). Added cpu1 rom and new gfx2 ($10000, 50000) roms to clone (set 2). Added dipswitches 'Service Mode' and 16x 'Unknown'.
- 17th March 2005: David Haywood - Did a little bit of work on the Buccaneers driver, this one seems 99% complete now, just one or two graphical oddities to verify.
- 3rd March 2005: f205v dumped Buccaneers (set 1).
- 0.90: Tomasz Slanina added Buccaneers (Duintronic 1989). Missing one program rom.
- 1st January 2005: Tomasz Slanina - Added Buccaneers (Duintronic) to vigilante driver (one ROM is missing).