Raiden II (set 1, US Fabtek) and M.A.M.E.
0.74u2 [Bryan McPhail, Guru, Knuckle]
0.68 [Bryan McPhail, Guru, Knuckle]
- 0.147u1: Added Seibu COP 0x1c param to 0x0205 command, fixes at least sprite positioning during intros of Raiden 2 and Zero Team (but breaks gameplay in Zero Team, needs investigation) [Angelo Salese, Smitdogg].
- 0.144u4: Added a note about pins held high on the Raiden II sound Z80 [Lord Nightmare, balrog].
- 0.143u6: Added clone Raiden II (set 8, US Fabtek, Easy Version). Changed description of clones 'Raiden II (set 6)' to '(set 6, Easy Version)' and '(set 7, US Fabtek)' to '(set 7, US Fabtek, Easy Version)'.
- 0.143u5: Lord Nightmare, Hammad and EdCosta added comment about new raiden2 rom combination, added missing PALs as undumped, fixed IC locations on several sets.
- 0.141u1: Angelo Salese fixed midground banking in Raiden II. Implemented program bank read-back, allowing it to not crash anymore during attract / gameplay. Fixed sprite flickering and stage 5 crash. Fixed background gfx issues in later levels. Fixed BCD score display bug. Command 0205 changes data at +1c too. Write down the rather weird results of a series of tests [dox, O. Galibert]. First stab at a cop "disassembler" [trap15, O. Galibert].
- 7th January 2011: Angelo Salese - Current Raiden 2 emulation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZaTaL2oPRE . Added bullet logic and implemented preliminary collision detection just like all of the other Seibu COP games. This is the (hilarious / frustrating) result.
- 2nd January 2011: Angelo Salese - OG recently fixed the ROM banking in Raiden II, and I've recently fixed the ROM program bank read-back and a tilemap banking. It's finally showing some signs of life but it's not really playable (bullets are completely missing for instance, it uses a completely unhandled feature of the system). Also sprites flickers like no tomorrow, but it's the first time I could actually be mildly positive about this.
- 0.141: O. Galibert implemented ROM banking support in Raiden 2 HW, improving Raiden II and Zero Team behaviour.
- 0.140u3: Smitdogg and The Dumping Union added clone Raiden II (set 7, US Fabtek), not working. O. Galibert advance the COPX code a little in Raiden II . Angelo Salese added sound comms in Raiden 2, giving working sound to it.
- 17th December 2010: Smitdogg - I got an undumped Raiden II. It's similar to the raiden2e set but with a Fabtek license.
- 0.139u1: Brian Troha added missing "VOICE2" sample rom to Raiden 2 sets where it was missing. Corrected rom names for MASK roms soldered to the PCB. Removed Raiden II (set 4, Japan). Changed description of clones 'Raiden II (set 5, Italy)' to 'Raiden II (set 4, Italy)', 'Raiden II (set 6, Easy Version)' to 'Raiden II (set 5, Easy Version)' and 'Raiden II (set 7)' to 'Raiden II (set 6)'. Renamed (raiden2d) to (raiden2c), (raiden2e) to (raiden2d) and (raiden2f) to (raiden2e).
- 0.138u3: Changed description to 'Raiden II'.
- 0.138u2: trap15 and R. Belmont fixed audio CPU banking in Raiden 2 (added a missing mirror to banking register).
- 0.133u1: Corrado Tomaselli verified/changed VSync to 55.47 Hz in Raiden 2.
- 0.126u5: Guru added README for Raiden 2.
- 30th July 2008: Guru - Raiden II chips arrived to be decapped, thanks to Dox.
- 9th July 2008: Mr. Do - Instruction cards for Raiden and Raiden II, thanks to Tormod (side cards) and Gene at Vintage Arcade (bottom strip).
- 25th May 2008: David Haywood - Dox has attempted to run some tests on his Raiden 2 PCB in order to help us understand the protection device better. While there haven't been any problems running the code, and it has revealed a few interesting things about the COP chips and Video hardware on these Seibu games it hasn't been forthcoming with helpful results when testing features of the protection.
- 0.124u5: Added clone Raiden 2 (set 7). Changed visible area to 240x344.
- 0.124u3: Seibu implementation cleanups [David Haywood]: Tried to make COP a bit more generic, breaks a few things for now, but better than duplicated code all over the place. Added the sound CPU to Raiden 2, although it doesn't make any sounds. Added Z80 CPU2 (3579545 Hz), YM2151 (3579545Hz ) and 2x OKI6295 (1022727 Hz) sound. Changed region sound1 ($80000) to sound2 ($0). Added 2nd coin slot.
- 0.123u2: Corrado Tomaselli verified clocks on Raiden 2.
- 0.122u5: David Haywood reorganized the Raiden 2 driver. A bit of extra documentation of the 'V33' based set, which has been renamed. Nothing new working.
- 0.122: Added clone Raiden 2 (set 5). Changed description of clone 'Raiden 2 (easier?)' to 'Raiden 2 (set 6, Easy Version)'.
- 14th November 2007: Corrado Tomaselli dumped Raiden 2 (set 5). Update: Kold666 could find another PCB for this game, and now we have a good dump.
- 0.118u2: Aaron Giles cleaned up the COP emulation code in Raiden 2.
- 0.104u4: Olivier Galibert made more progress on Raiden 2 sprite decryption.
- 0.104u3: Some Raiden 2 documentation and input port updates (still not playable) [Olivier Galibert].
- 0.81u7: Brian Troha fixed dipswitches in Raiden 2. Added dipswitches 'Coin A/B' and 'Bonus Life'.
- 12th April 2004: Olivier Galibert improved Raiden 2 sprites a little further, though they're still not perfect (the game itself is not playable because of banking / protection issues).
- 12th April 2004: David Haywood - Given some sprite gfx to work with I decided to improve the sprite emulation in raiden 2, this allows the title screen to be drawn. Game still isn't playable due to protection & banking issues.
- 0.81u3: Changed description to 'Raiden 2 (set 1, US Fabtek)'. Fixed gfx3 rom loading. Changed visible area to 240x304 and region cpu1 to user1.
- 0.81u2: Improvements to Raiden 2 decryption.
- 0.81u1: Added clones Raiden 2 (easier?), (set 2, Metrotainment), (set 3, Japan) and (set 4, Japan). Added partial Raiden 2 sprite decryption, check sprite gfx with viewer (F4). Changed visible area to 240x304 and region cpu1 to user1 ($0/1). Fixed gfx3 rom loading.
- 2nd April 2004: Olivier Galibert - Raiden 2 sprites were partially decrypted and background emulation was improved but the game isn't playable due to protection and banking issues.
- 0.74u2: Added Raiden 2 (Seibu Kaihatsu 1993).
- 0.68: Bryan McPhail added Raiden 2 (Testdriver). TODO: Priorities (e.g during the intro, there are two black bands in the backround that should obscure sprites). Sometimes sprites are shrinked to end up overlapping the background image in the tilemaps, but they are a few pixels off.
- 15th May 2002: Guru - Received a Raiden II PCB. Thanks to Knuckle for donation.
Romset: 14272 kb / 13 files / 10.0 zip